A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dubai Trip

Hahaha...I am so surprised seeing myself blogging here. I think I need to put the blame to the Facebook for being so facebookly. It allows me to upload my pictures and notify my friends on my latest uploaded photos! Allows friends to comment on photos as well. It's so interactive until I find why do I need to blog? When I think about blogging, it's a bit waste of time...unless I am so free and find nothing else I can do. Well, blogging of course allow us to "talk" more than just photos lah :p

Alright, what's about Dubai? I have been involving myself in one of my company's main development project, namely WITSML. It's a kind of Markup Language standard that is agreed among the oil and gas company to transfer data from one service company to another. They will be having two conference a year just to keep up with the service company on what's the issue with the standard, what are the implementation issues, what's to improve on, what's to be removed and so on and so forth. Previously they were having the conference at europe and this time they make it at Dubai...and that's why I was there!

Travelling right after wedding is definitely going to be doomed. At one point you will feel wanted to travel since it's a company trip and all of the expenses are covered and what to say if you miss a trip to Dubai? At another point, you won't want to disappoint your wife by leaving her alone while you enjoy yourself at Dubai. Yes, you can say - "why don't you bring her along?". Alright, my policy is not to bring wife along when it's a company's trip as I want full concentration when I am at work(yeah right!). Ok, at least I think so :p Ok, enough of the saying...let's see what we have in Dubai!
I am staying at Media Rotana Hotel, somewhere at outskirt of Dubai. The hotel was launched a day before I arrived and the frontdesk told me that I am among the first 10 to check-in. Aiseh, started to feel good about it. Ok, guess what? The hot shower ain't working!!! I was shivering after the shower and asked them to fix it the next day. Sigh, do you call yourself a 5 star hotel? Give me a break.
hhmmm...at least they served me with a plate of fresh and juicy dates to cheer me up for free. This is not an ordinary dates, they were stuffed with different flavor. Love it! Oh yeah, Dubai is famous with their dates...




This is the place where the conference took place - The Westin. They include buffet lunch for us. Oh man, their buffet lunch was so heavy and so many choices. I wish I could finish tasting every each of the dish, it's just too many! This is also a 5 star hotel and of course their food has to be something lah...

We had a chill-out night with all the participants and we really enjoyed ourself with the companion of this beautiful scenery. Foods and wine were served during that night. 


Chill out and relax! 




This is my hotel from outside.


I went for a day tour with my colleague, William. I hope my boss won't mind about this after we had work so hard :p


Highest tower in the World - so far~

Dubai is full of sky rise buildings, it's more or less like Singapore - I mean more than Singapore ;)











Dubai airport.

Ok, now tell me how do you find Dubai? :p

Yientau.exit(1);

p/s: Not enough of these photos? You can browse all the uncensored photos here.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri Tan said...

God damn good.
I wish I have a chance to go there soon.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home