A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Thanks to StephenLim@BlogSpot

YiEnT@u and SteF@nie would like to take this opportunity to thank StephenLim for his great effort to blog on our wedding. I was really stunned when I saw it from his blog. Visiting his blog daily is my job. Well, not to say it's my job but in fact his blog is really inspiring and I really enjoy reading them. He blog a lot about food, nice photoshots and most importantly his achievements in his life.

Me and Stephen met at Uni and I get to know this freak(he is a computer geek) in a weird way. One day during my first few lectures, I saw a guy sitting in the hall(in darkness) and was trying to fill in some forms. I think it's PTPTN forms if I am not mistaken. The Uni started the semester already and he apply for his entrance at that last minute. I talked to myself, "hhmm...this guy must have an interesting story to tell me". My friend Kean Yew, Edmond, and some others surrounded him and were chit chatting with him. He seemed not to be responding to what they were talking and continue filling up the forms. From that moment, I have a great feeling of friendship towards him and I can see the fire in his eyes to strive for his studies.

During the first semester of my first year, finding the right person to go through thick and thin in the Uni for studies is not an easy task. Then my friend Kean Yew keep telling me how great is this Stephen and he has a strong programming background during his form six. He took programming as one of his subject during his form six and that really gave me a "Wow" in my mind. So, I have make up my mind to be very close to him - real close...hahahaha. But hey, this really sounds like I am making friend with him just because he has something I wanted to learn for? Not really, Ok? We have a lot of things that are mutually clicked. No doubt after following him, my result really got better(because I joined his team to gain more marks in the project and I don't need to do anything! nyek nyek nyek!).

I am greatly inspired by his achievements and whatever he was doing before, now and in future. He really gave me a lot of encouragements in my life. He taught me how to write codes, play basketball, "kau lui"(ooppss), meaning of life, leadership and much more. I think I am just the opposite version of him, that's bad. Even now, I am still impressed with his achievements and yet I am so lay back from what he had achieved up to this date. He won a lot of programming contests(even during Uni), awards, Java programmers recognition, one of the top scorer for Final Year Project, a lot of girls fall in love with him and etc etc etc...I am envy of what he had achieved.

If anyone asked me today, who do you think inspired you the most in your life...I would say StephenLim. He is probably not the best but his spirit to strive for what he wants in his life has greatly inspired me. I hope one day I would be able to be ahead of him, only if I am able :-)

Well, this is the photo we got during our final paper of our final semester outside the hall. We were so happy that we did it! The joyous moment we had. This photo is the most memorable one for me. Thanks Stephen, friendship forever!


Yientau.exit(1);

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...Roland, in your post, something which I don't know revealed! Hohh~~~~~

10:31 AM  
Blogger StephenLim said...

whuah whuah whuah whuah, tai tai lou, after read all your words, i feel like flying in the sky dy.. charm lar, it is 3:27am now, and i still cant sleep, dim suin hou?!

however, we have been spending a good time together over the 3 years! :D totally agreed on all the unwrittenable memories over the (not short, not long) periods... :D

thanks for believing in friendship forever!!!

but.. i still wan my free trip wor :P

3:28 AM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

Viviane,

Hahaha...a lot more to reveal ler, you come Kuching here lar...I slow slow tell you... LOL!!!

Oh no, I can see Stephen running towards me with a chopping knife!!! Rrruuuunnnnn!!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

Stephen,

hahaha...it's true what :-p trip to Kuching no problem lerr...you fly here larr...all of your expenses I "bao" ;-)

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roland, I din know there are still alot more to reveal!! Hmm, I shall start "click click" the Airasia website lo.. LOL! You wait me ya. We "undertable" execute the mission...Btw, on Stephen's side, NO WORRIES. I will use pad lock, so that he wont run towards you with a chopping knife. Hahaha...

9:23 AM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

we'll see!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home