A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The pot noodles boy

We make friends everyday and we will never know when they will go. In the process of making friends, there is always disappointments, disagreements, expectations, arguments, and so on. But only through all these it makes us a true friend! Do you experience this before? This is my friend, Jackey Man the pot noodles boy. He was also my colleague. He is a Hongkese born Aberdonian. Basically means, born in Hong Kong but grown up in Aberdeen, Scotland. He left Hong Kong at the age of 2 or 3.

He left IDS to further his studies at Edinburgh for Master in "Energy". Wow...sounds great. Anyway, this is for his own good. I asked him if he is coming back to IDS but that's not going to happen. He will be doing engineering stuff at oil and gas company, in other words...no more programming! 

I still remember when I first met him in Aberdeen, he was sitting right in front of a computer and figuring out what is happening to his code(computer terms - code debugging). Sitting really near to his monitor and pointing his finger on the monitor. I was surprised when he minimized his windows program and saw this particular picture as his desktop background.


Wow...It really brought me into laughter. How on earth a guy in his 20's would put up this kind of picture as his desktop background wallpaper? He must be kidding me, but that's the fact. This particular teddy bear dressed up by human is actually one of the kid's show in Aberdeen and its name is "Bungle" - yeah, I remember its name. It's cute, isn't it?

He is a person who is very confident with what he is doing and I find it quite difficult to convince him into something, especially programming. I wouldn't say he is ego but more to a very high self esteemed person. Most of the time we argue about how we want to write the code and he is a person that never let anyone touches his code - trust me. 

I really cherish all of the moments that we spent together, especially the trip to Edinburgh. We were in the same project, "EIKOS" is the project code name. Lately, before he left...he involves in our main product, D2 and I think I really tried my best to help him to get his work done. This is the thing that I never regret of doing. I am really satisfied out of it because I had really help him with all of my strength, my knowledge, and my will. See, you will never know when is your friend leaving you. So make sure when your friend needs your help, make it as if this is the last time you are going to help him.

Ok, probably you still can't figure out why he was given a nickname Jackey the pot noodles boy. Can you imagine what he was having for almost every of his lunch?



Exactly, these are the pot noodles that he had gathered for the past two years with IDS. This is not counted those he had thrown away. Of course he didn't build this fort by himself, but his colleague(William) did it during his second last day with IDS. The above photos are taken at Aberdeen's office. Now you know how he gets his nickname ;)

Alright, that's all for the pot noodles boy story. Jackey, all of us in IDS really miss your presence and I will be the one who misses the arguments with you! Hope you will do fine in your Master and I know you will! Take good care of yourself and remember to keep in touch :) May God bless you in everything you do. Friends forever~

Yientau.exit(1);

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home