A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Sunday, April 01, 2007

57 Cents

I was overjoyed when my company announced to me that I no longer need to involve in Weekend Support starting from this week. The reason of overjoyed is because I can go to Church again ! yay~ I still can remember last few months ago when I was at Aberdeen, I don't have a single chance to go to a church there. It's not that I am a Christian and that's why I want to go church. To me, going church is like a place where we can renew/refresh/F5(IT terms)/regain our hope/confess our sins and a lots more.

Today pastor was giving us a sermon "The beautiful thing". He was telling us a TRUE STORY of a little girl at dont-know-where. What I know is definitely a very poor country. She is still a young and innocent little girl where all of her relatives had gone(probably died in a war) including her parents. One day, a pastor came across this little girl and bring her to church and teaches her a lot things about Christianity during every Sunday School. She is very interested and came every week. After two weeks, she died because of her severe sickness. The pastor was very sad and went to the place where she lived. He found a piece of used paper which is folded properly on the floor. He unfold the wrapped paper and found 57 cents and a few words in the paper. It's her hand writing and she wrote(something like that) :

"Lord, I pray to you that I gave my 57 cents to you; so that you would help the pastor to build a bigger Church. So that, there will be more rooms for the Sunday School children."

The pastor was very touched while his tears kept flowing down and he wants to share this as a testimonial during the next Sunday Service. While he preached this, one of a youngster laughed and said "hah! what can you do with the 57 cents ? are you kidding ?". After a few days later, a young man came to him and said to the pastor, "Pastor, I would like to offer my big piece of land to you to build a bigger Church.". The pastor replied, "oh, young man thanks for the offer but our Church can't afford to buy that big piece of land". The young man replied, "I am selling it to you with the cost of that 57 cents."

At the end, our pastor was so emotional and was crying in front of the congregation. I almost cried also but I tell myself that I cannot cry because this is a public place ! and even my dad caned me for 100 times when I was small and yet I never cry ! I did cry in my heart though.

Well, anyway it's something for us to ponder. The faith in the little girl where she believed that one day the Church can buy a big piece of land to build a big Church with just 52 cents !

System.exit(1);

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home