A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekdays morning activity

Did you ever go to the market with your parents even once in your life time ? or you just simply hate to go market because of the smelly fish that stinks !? Some of us choose to do shopping at a Supermarket where everything is so convenient but in terms of price of course it will be more expensive. Air-conditioned mar, what do you expect ? But personally thinks that food from supermarket are not as fresh as those you can get from the wet market ? Although they put a sign board saying "fresh"...aarrhhh, do you believe it ?

Almost every once of a week, I will be bringing my uncle to the wet market before I start my day at IDS. Sometimes I am quite pity to my uncle where he alone has to buy 8 person's portions of food to be ready for that particular week. 8 person's portion can be a lot ! Just imagine if he take everything by himself without my help. Even with my help, my finger also turns blue and purple ! His idea is to have a separate day of shopping each week. So he chose Wednesday morning(might vary at times) and Saturday evening.
This is the place where he always go for Wednesday morning shopping. Saturday evening also would be the same place but more variety and it's at the other side of the above location. I will be following his car to the market every Saturday evening but not this Saturday !(that's why ends up blogging here). He said he has something else to do, ask me no need to follow him. Ok, fair enough. The people from the market ALWAYS ask him the same questions "Eh? your son arr?", which makes me so embarrassing. Since my uncle has no voice to talk(gone through a cancer operation of his throat), I would probably need to explain to them. It can be very irritating at times.

Can you spot him in the picture ? :p he is wearing blue stripe T-shirt bargaining with people for the price. For your information, these people here are selling illegally without any license(Welcome to Malaysia). They are not suppose to sell it here since it's a parking place. But, they sell it very cheap(Terms and Conditions applied).They will be off after 9a.m. I have learned a lot from my uncle(I call him Ku Zhang) of how to buy good vegetables. So that next time when I move out from his house, I should be able to do it by my own.
Normally he will buy chicken, fish, and sometimes oyster from our famous Sarawak No.1 reseller of cold storage; namely CCK. I came across their delivery van that wrote something on it. It says "THE FOOD PEOPLE OF CHOICE" (It's definitely CHOICE even the "C" is missing). Is there anything wrong with the grammar ? Isn't it suppose to be named as "THE FOOD OF PEOPLE'S CHOICE" ?? @.@!? Not too sure as my grammar sucks too. Correct me if I am wrong !

Alright, that's all for my grandfather story.

System.exit(1);

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home