A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Saturday, November 25, 2006

London or Edinburgh ?

It's GMT 10:30 pm and I am suppose to sleep by then. Anyway, feel like want to blog something. This would be my third week at Aberdeen, UK. So far so good and quite happy with the life here. I cook by myself, I wash my own dish, I wash my own clothes, I walk to office every morning and had a good time with my colleagues here. They can be so serious and they can joke with you without boundary. Sometimes I find it hard to get their joke. Probably overseas joke is much more harsher than Asian's joke. I would say quite different from the way I used to joke(obviously). At times, I felt offended when they joke with me by saying "Go back to Malaysia", "Your cheap and nasty Malaysian code". I am fine with the first few times when they speak about it. But, too much of it might just spoiled a cup of coffee in the morning !

Work here is always busy and changes here and there. I always believe a program or simply a software, can only written by one person. If you ask me why, I will tell you - "too many cook spoiled the soup" ! Too many opinions and too many disagreement on everything. This might just slow down the software development cycle. Oh man, I was wondering how "efficient" it was during my University whenever I had a group assignment ! Geeezzz...that won't work out, trust me ! It always turn out to be only one person doing codings, the other one do documentation and the rest of it waiting for the marks to be announced from Lecturer. But, did you ever wonder why we need to have at least 2 person writing a software ? Well, simply because if that freak or geek quit, there is at least another backup. So, in the context of an IT Company, you just can't have only one programmer doing a development.

Anyway, too much of craps. My manager were asking me for a favor to stay another one more extra week. Well, just one week and I think this is fair enough for both party. Still waiting for his reply. So my return is not being confirmed yet. My colleagues planned to visit Edinburgh together with me next week. I was wondering shall I just spend on Edinburgh and forget about the London trip or do it next time. They said it would be expensive to spend in London and advise me to visit Edinburgh instead. Not too sure of how things would turn out to be but they tried to convince me by all mean. Will see how then ;p

Last Friday was my disastrous week, was it a Friday the 13th ? It was about GMT 7:00 o'clock in the evening. I was so tired and stressed out . I went to my colleague's room(Paul) to have a short chit chat. My another colleague(Jackey) who actually work at the same room with me, came in to Paul's room 5 minutes after me. We were planning to watch movie after this and all of us agreed. When Jackey and I planned to go back to our room, we found out the door locked by itself ! noob, eh ! All of my stuff was inside the room, my laptop, my clothes, office key and same goes to Jackey. He is even worst, his handphone, wallet, and house key were inside the room. I was d*mn lucky where my apartment key was with me inside my jean. I would be sleeping in the office if I don't have that key ! There is nothing we can do because none of us has the key and not even our manager. Cool stuff ! So, at the end we went for a movie and went home.

I was supposed to be in the office to do support over the weekend(which mean next day) and yet my key was inside the room. My manager was so angry over this matter and he was so freaking furious ! He was at Spain at that time and scolded my colleague for not doing anything since I need to be in for support over the weekend. I felt so sorry to my colleague since they got scolded because of me :( I would again, take this opportunity to extend my apologies and hope you guys don't put 'em in heart, cheers guys ! I also hope this matter won't affect our manager's impression towards you guys.

Anyway, those are the past tense ! My main concern now is to visit London or Edinburgh ! Suggestions please ~! Let's plan together for this coming trip and chill it out loud ! oweoweo !

System.exit(1);

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home