A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yo!

I went to a fish & chips shop(oh man, I told you I am crazy over it !) and bought my dinner before I got back to my apartment. There was an Indian worker serving me. Below are our conversation...
Yientau :Can I have fish & chips, take away, please.
Indian :5 minutes, is that ok ?
Yientau :sure, no problem

...after 10 minutes of deep frying fresh fish & chips(stomach start making noise) - I thought he said 5 minutes ?? @.@ !?
Indian :Sir, you want salt or vinegar ?
Yientau :Salt, please
Indian :Salt only ?
Yientau :Yeah, please...(didn't I just say it ? hhmm, he wasn't paying attention)
Indian :So, where are you from ?
Yientau :Malaysia ! (proudly shamefully announced)
Indian :Malaysia !?

...both hesitate for 60 2 seconds...
Yientau :...(did I say anything wrong? Oh man, I think he hates Malaysian)
Indian :I am also from Malaysia...
Yientau :*shocked - What !?* Oh! really ?(eye brows raised). How long have you been here ?
Indian :Yeah, I settled down here with a Scottish woman and I work here(obviously!).
Yientau :That's great ! So how do you find Aberdeen ?
Indian :Arrhh, I don't like the food here. They are all fattening, not healthy(pointing to my food - what the...) and expensive. So, what are you doing here? working ? or studying ?
Yientau :Yeah, basically the food here is expensive and I didn't ask you about the food !. I am actually having my business trip here, am working as a programmer for an Oil industry. Anyway, nice to meet you here. Alright, $4.10 pounds here.
Indian :Cheers man, hope you enjoy your trip !
Yientau :Yeah, sure. Cheers man !

Went back to Apartment but not so happy caused by "the impact" of his words saying the food that I bought is fat and unhealthy...(Yeah I know, I don't take it everyday what) when I am about to start to enjoy my food, I just realized that I had forgotten to take my receipt ! Oh my...I can't claim from my company if I don't have the receipt :( It's all that Indian's fault ! @#$%&*\@#&$#~!! Anyway, that Indian makes me feel like I am one step nearer to my country ;p I am not alone ! I wonder how many Malaysian actually settled down at UK - should be a lot.

System.exit(1);

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home