A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Monday, November 06, 2006

A true story @ London

Oh well...it's has been a while before I can get myself connected to the Internet. Yeah, it's so easy to kill a programmer...just take away their Internet connection and you are done ! Hahahaha...and I landed at Aberdeen safe and sound. Yeah, I am blogging here anyway.

Alright, that was just an ice-breaking session. Ok, where should I start...Back to last friday where I get myself on MAS Airline Boeing 737 and fly I go, to Kuala Lumpur(KL). I still can recall my excitement at that time and it's wonderful. I had a spaghetti and it was served with one small piece of chocolate and a small packet of peanut(Please bare in mind with this small packet of peanut to have a fully completed story right after this) and I kept the peanut in my pocket. I reached KL at around 9:40pm and I need to rush to another terminal to catch up my flight to London. It was a long way for me to get to the other terminal. I waited for more than 2 hours in the boarding room before the plane get off. I am running out of energy and was so tired. A lot of foreigners there and most of them are british.

At about 1am in the morning, the plane only started to get off. It was the biggest babe of MAS airline - Boeing 747. I was so tired and my eye lid felt like a few KG of weight that I get myself a good sleep in the plane...and I thought I would. They served me dinner/supper before I went to sleep. It was a nice dinner anyway. Throughout the flight, I was awakened by the Captain 3 times to fasten my seat belt - there was a small turbulence...sigh, can't sleep well though. The seat ain't flat as well, so it's not so comfortable for sleeping. The posture is not right and I just can't sleep well. So, I was playing games(the games sucks) and watch some short movies(not bad).

I changed my iPAQ's time to London time and it shows 5:15 am in the morning. The captain announced that we were about to land at London Heathrow. So, I kept my eyes opened widely and look out from the window. Wow! It was so beautiful during night view at London. The lights were scattered all over that piece of land ! I just don't know how to put them down in words, but it's so beautiful. I was so excited at that time and feel like jumping(ooppss, sounds like smashp0p). When the airplane landed properly, I stretched out both of my arms and said in my heart "YeS !!..."

So, it was time for me to collect my luggage and I will need to check-in to another last flight(British Airways) before I can land at Aberdeen...and I thought things will be that smooth and fine. Well, it was smooth but not until I met the immigration officer. She is a pakistanese and all of the officer there are so serious when they do questioning. A bit nervous at that time. She asked me a lot of questions like "Why are you here ?", "How long would you be here ?", "Do you have your return ticket ?", "Where do you stay ?", "Do you have your friend's address or contacts ?(I said I don't have - that's the problem)" and so on. So, I was being detained :(

She asked me to seat at a corner while waiting for her or any other officer for more questions. So, meaning that my information was not sufficient enough. Sigh ! So, I waited for a while and feel like it doesn't seems so alright. I made a call to my boss and ask for consultation from him of what I need to do next. He told me to wait for the interview and everything is gonna be alright and luckily he gave me my UK's manager's mobile number. Right after I ended my call, the officer(another one) scolded me to "Turn off your handphone, SWITCH OFF !! (with gesture)". Woooo...so, I switched off then. After a while, the officer came to me and ask for another time, "Are you sure you don't have the contact person's address or mobile number ?" and I quickly responded "Yeah, I just have it just now...my boss called me up and he passed me the number". She answered "Good, that's really good. Ok, I will made a call to him right after this. I am going to get myself some breakfast, do you want to have any hot drinks ? (wooo...still not bad huh ?) and I answered her back "It's ok, thanks(but scolded her in my heart - You'd better get me out of here soon, else nobody would responsible for the consequences...aiseh ! as if I can do anything...hahaha)". She ask me again "Are you sure ?" and I said "Yeah...(scolded her second time in my heart - I said yeah! now go and get your breakfast and finish them fast and let me out of here !)...kekeke

There are a lot of them got detained but from a different flight. There is one Korean gal and one old lady from Pakistan. Both of them get so nervous and keep asking me why they got detained - as if I know why. I tried to cool both of them down and try to switch away their attention and talk about something else. They just got better and more convincing after my conversation with them. The Korean gal doesn't seems to have any luck I guess. She told me that she will be here for 2 months (wow, that'll be a little longer for a visitor). So, I guess they send her back. I don't know what happen to the old lady since I leave after the Korean gal. They came to me after 3 hours of detention ! She apologized to me and said I might miss the flight to Aberdeen and hope I can still catch up with the flight.

I starred smiled at her and said "hopefully..." and rush to get my luggage. When I reached the luggage collection area, I just don't know where the hack is my luggage and I am 3 hours late ! I searched through the area and can't find it. I asked 3 officers and 3 of them gave me 3 different answers of where was the lane that MH 2 luggage suppose to be. What the...The last one gave me the right shot. I did pray to God that, reveal my luggage please...The time pointed at 8:20 am and my next flight from London to Aberdeen would be 8:40 am ! Gosh...I was running really like a mad dog. Yeah, ever seen a mad dog running ? with their tongue tuck out. I show you how one day. It was a mile away from the immigration counter to Heathrow Terminal 1. I was almost lost in the terminal. When I reached there, the time shows 8:35 am and I thought I was just on time for it. Walked to the counter and the officer asked me to self-checkin with the machine. After trying that, the stupid machine told me that "it is too close to the departure time and bla bla bla..". I went back to the officer and told her what the stupid machine said. Then she just realized the flight had gone~ Yeah, gone with the wind.

So, I was asking her whether I can switched to the next flight. She said, "Yes, you can but you have to wait until 10:15 am to check-in. The flight would be at 12:45pm". foohhh...4 more hours in the terminal ! What am I going to do with that 4 hours. Mmmm...just walk around then. A little bit hungry and looking for food. The food at the airport was expensive, so was looking for alternative. I put my hand into my jacket and realized that the peanuts is still with me ! Opened up quickly and enjoyed the peanuts and I do looks like nuts at that time. After a long waited session, at last I got checked-in and flew to Aberdeen and landed safely and my colleague, Paul fetch me to "Express by Holiday Inn" hotel. It was a good and nice one. Later on, I met the rest of my colleagues(Jackey Man and William Sellick) and we went to play pool and get some beer. Oh well, I had coke. Jackey Man is very good in pool, damn good and that's his reason of not getting a gf. Hahaha...after that, I met Kenny and he played a while and we moved ahead for dinner.

I was sooooooo tired and my eye's vessel burst. I can see clearly the blood vessel that burst in my eyes. It's horrible, but anyway they are all recovered now. I had beer during the dinner and it's so easy to get myself to doze off. So, that's all for that night. It has been all day long. Yeah, that's all about it. Some photos to share after the jump.


I will update more, so stay tuned !

System.exit(1);

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear,your flight journey started on last Thursday, not friday..hehe

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God they released u & also u found your luggage!

y didnt buy the burger king (the pic here) when u were hungry wor? how much izzit..haha

dark2 one heathrow..it's kinda an old airport rite? nicer n more modern than klia meh? =p

1:25 AM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

that burger king is still back at Malaysia KLIA lar~

the dark2 one also at KLIA, not yet at heathrow yet. I better put some comments after the picture.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops..really?oh the burger king is in the international departure terminal rite..

haha..upload more UK photos~ n aberdeen city, places that u've toured so far.. =p

9:36 AM  
Blogger DeNnisE thE meNace said...

Fren, u look like a china man to them is it?? that's why they detained u? or u more looks like a ppl who wan to JUMP AEROPLANE?? hahaha:)) by the way, how long will u be staying in UK?? Long time not c u laa..

10:47 AM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

denfire ? sounds familiar to me. Who are you btw :p Ah Keat ?

Anyway, I will be here for a month I guess...maybe a bit longer.

It's not that I looks like anyone around the world but it's a bit too long for a foreigner to stay that long and they just want to have more questions and that's about it.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home