A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Planning ahead

Moving towards the hustle bustle's life everyday really doesn't impressed me at all. Writing more blogs wouldn't be an option to fade away my bored. Watch more movies wouldn't help me either. Even having more "ang ku kueh" can't even cheer me up at the moment. I guess something is bugging me and it has been there for a while. Day after day, weeks after weeks, months after months and years after years ! Ok, I wasn't making any point at the moment.

What would it be if we don't plan ahead in our life ? ...yeah, this was the question that had been bugging me all the while. I start to have this question when I realised people around me spend their money during they were still young. Some fly to China, some fly to Korea, some fy to Bangkok and some even fly to New Zealand and this is with their own money ! Ok, the meaning "spend" here can be very subjective. So, it's up to you to define it. No particular measurement for this, I believe. I mean they are still at the early stage of their working life but still manage to spend so freely. Well, it's really ok if they really earn much and has no commitment at all. But I do believe everyone has a commitment unless they went back to heaven earlier as they expected - which is during their old age. Hey, that's a commitment to ourself as well - don't ya think so ?

When I think of it, after we retire(standard is at the age of 55) - we still have another, say 30 years to go. Would our EPF(Employees Provident Fund) enough for us ? How guaranteed are you that your children will actually look after you ? What if we itended to buy luxurious car or house at that time ? What if we itended to travel more at that time ? What if we itended to help our children for their new car or new house or even wedding (you would say to yourself at that time - "luckily I have only one child") ? What if we need some medical guidance for our malfunction's organ or some sweets drugs for our prolonged sickness ? Geeezzz.....that would be a nightmare when finance is a problem during that age. You can't work anymore ! No more income and you can only manage to spend. Even if you still can work, but who the hack would want to hire you with a such high salary ?! They can might as well hire a new young gun with lower salary and have more briliant ideas and good looking somemore ?

I don't know, those are all of my shouts before I can see things happen in front of my eyes. Shall we start to make ourself a habit of saving some money every each day ? If today you are rich, please always remember when the day you are poor ! Life's like that, it will definitely fluctuate throughout our life. So, let's save together today ! As those old folks saying "Save for your rainy days, young man..." - Well, I heard a lot of this in my past, but I never make it into practise. Yeah, I know practise makes perfect but no one is perfect so why practise ? LOL~!!! Just joking. Don't be fooled by devil anyway, we need to start our planning ahead.

My uncle told me a good story quite some time ago which enlighten me a lot. He said in this world, there are three kinds of people.
  1. There is a bunch of people who always wait for opportunities (worst)
  2. There is a bunch of people who always look for opportunities (better)
  3. There is a bunch of people who always create opportunites (best !)
Doesn't it make sense ? well, I do agree with him. So, which category do you belong to ? Alright, that's all folks...

System.exit(1);

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home