A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

First Day @ *new company*

I started to work last friday. Yeah, right after my last day of employment with S@ins. The reason is, I will be bored to death if you ask me to stay at home a few days for holidays. Anyway, it was a good one during last friday. We had our first weekly meeting and planned to have it every friday. Cool, I mean it should be running in this way. But I guess most of the company didn't practise this. Having a weekly meeting is important where you get-to-know your staff better and get everything up to dates. So that we will be able to work as a real team work. They gave me a temporary notebook for me to start off. Well, they are ordering a new one for me but it has not arrive yet. So, currently using Twinhead Durabook. It's also new, but just that it's so heavy and not cool at all ! :p Check this out !

Working with foreigner is real great where they really have the sense of humour of all time. They can be as crazy and funny as you imagine and they can also be as serious as you can't imagine :p I think they really know how to organise themselves and work smart. Yeah, that's the key.

Yeah, talking about working hours - they don't really have a proper working hour. That's cool man ! Well, at the end of the day - result oriented. Colleagues here are friendly, technically sound (I find it interesting especially talking about technology with those hard core programmers - cool), like to joke and I am loving it ! (copyrighted)

Last monday, we were having our lunch with ang mo(s). Then my colleague was introducing them our local food. I would use a conversation kind of presentation. Here we go...

Ang Mo: What's that "Neh Si Keh ri" (Nasi Kari - oh well)...what's that ?

Col: Oh, that's curry rice(still not bad). Then we have BBQ rice, Duck rice and...(keep moving).

[the waitress served us with the rice - the rice is yellowish (chicken rice marr...)]

Col: This is "Chicken Oil Rice"!! (with loud voice of confidence. Ooopsss...direct translate).

Ang Mo's wife: Chicken Oil ? (asking with the tone full of puzzle)

Col: Yeah, Chicken Oil...nehhhh..that one arr...

Yientau: It's Chicken's fats...

Ang Mo's wife: Ohhhh~ chicken fats...alright alright...

Ang Mo with the unbearable feeling of laughing out loud: So, do you call fat people oily ?! (all of us laughing out loud !)

Col: (remain speechless)...

p/s : Sorry mate, I didn't mean it but just wanted to make the ang mo's wife doubt-free of what you are trying to say...LOL !

Ok, that's the joke of the day :p


System.exit(1);

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

XD

The angmo really needs some time to adapt local food! LOL!

I love working with foreigners as well because closeup with them are much more better than closup with locals. yieks~ doesn't mean locals are not gud, but the slang doesn't come so good along with the foreigner lor.

*thinking of what international company that might have landed in KCH* 1si?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

Wrong!! hehehe...one more chance ;p

8:29 AM  
Blogger Wayne said...

ok other than SI i really dunno which international company still hanging tough in kuching. lol. unless a kl base company come over here and buka lar! i cant make that wild guess! POTRADE? LOL!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

hahaha...WRONG! :p actually my current company would prefer to keep their profile as low as possible. So, don't think I would talk much about it for the time being :-D

Btw wayne, are you doing programming ?

cheers dude!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home