A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Monday, August 07, 2006

Sate Celup @ Kuching

We all know Sate Celup was born in Malacca but some claims that it was first born in Singapore. Whatever it is, Sate Celup has reached Sarawak Kuching ! It is located at Jalan Song new township of Kuching. The shop's name is called Heights Bistro. Anyone has any idea why the hack they gave such a name ? I have no idea either (lame joke, though). Ok, let's have a look at the picture where my colleague, wendy has took during her last visit to Malacca's origin Sate Celup.


Malacca's version

Yeap, I still can recall how they scooped the groundnuts into this hot pot and keep stiring, looks skillful though. Did I bring back some memory to you ? ;p


Kuching's version

...and yeah, this is kuching's version. Doesn't looks so happening and "exciting" as what I saw during the time I visit Malacca's Sate Celup. Maybe this is due to the culture, I guess. Don't get yourself fooled by those people sitting there. They are just waiting for the rain to stop ! When I took this picture, it started to rain. So, actually there is nobody eating there ! Oh no...I was suggesting this business to my parents a few months back. Luckily they didn't really carry out this business, else really "sit tai" (not earning). *phew*...Thanks God for revealing this. I heard my colleague (Mr. Lao Chai) says that their food is not as attractive as the picture he saw above.

So, the conclusion here is... The mission of Sate Celup at Kuching here is totally failed ! Ooppss.. Anyone still want to support them ? :(

System.exit(1);

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u can try Bakunong Juice (Kedondong Juice) at HOW-YOU CAFE (RH plaza). Neat the cuhrch in BDC.
Remeber to tell them how u find the drink.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Redsponge said...

hmm t@u ah t@u, you shud go and try ler...then let us know whether the taste same with the original wan or not...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

yakah? haven't got a chance. After I tried liaoo I tell you looo ...hehehe

11:20 PM  
Blogger Chen said...

i passed by that place few times, but most of the time it's empty (no customers) :P

8:31 PM  
Blogger 13th Panda said...

I never saw it b4 even

11:08 PM  
Blogger Roland Yau said...

Yo Carolin3! Long time no see...hahaha, yeah..i guess i will be visiting you all again soon (gimme another 10 more years :p )

Anyway, I will remember your offer. So, keep your promise ar!! kekekkee! yeay~ got free Sate Celup momm momm... sluurrrrrppp~ =p~

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home