A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Focus on the family

Marriage...how many people understands what is the true meaning of marriage? Some of us will love to talk about this...some of us will try to run away from even discussing about it. Is it because of commitment you gave during your courtship? Is it because you love her too much? or is it because everyone is doing it and that's why? ...or probably the old folks are pushing you to the corner?

I am not sure whether any of you attended marriage counselling course before. I would say it's something essential for all stages of couples. No matter you are married, going to get married or even as a young couple that just got hooked.

I get to know this course by my own Church. It's actually one the prerequisites of our wedding at Church. I believe a lot of Christians should have gone through the course. Almost 99% of them give thumbs up to the course. Some even attended the course more than 3 times.

It's not free but definitely worth more than what you pay. It cost RM25 per person, meaning RM50 per couple. The material that they gave you is basically more than that. After the end of the course, they provide a candle lit dinner for both the couple. The one that I attend was conducted by Focus on the family. You can read more on their website.

My gf and I learned a lot about what are our differences and how we should punch each other at face tolerate with each other. A lot of things that the speaker talked about were so true about each one of us as a couple. Different backgrounds and those bad habits and get to know more even about ourselves! Sometimes we thought we know ourself very well, but it's not! trust me. They even talked about what are our expectations to our spouse and what are those things that we SHOULD NOT have expected from our spouse. There are a lot of DOs and DON'Ts guideline that I find it quite helpful.

Did I just gain weight? Did I?? No? *phew*~

I will really encourage those who have not attend the course before, to join at least once. It really helps to provide a clearer picture of what marriage is meant for. Especially for those rookies(young couple). At least they will realise what they really mean when they say "I Love You" or "I want to marry you, one day"...BBbbLLLLrrrrrr.... Can't believe I just say it!

Yientau.exit(1);

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home