A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

FooChow Chicken "Mee Sua"

Hoh hey! The first ever post after so long of sabatical break. Well, so called sabatical. During month of May, I had gone through my gall bladder operation at Timberland Medical Centre. I was attacked by gallstone. The operation was successfully operated by Dr. Wong Kwong Hieng. I had removed my gallbladder! Hokkien used to say "boh ta" (no guts) !

He(the Dr.) told me that it will not be painful but in fact it was so painful! Well, it's a surgery...what do you expect? Probably he was trying to cool me down. It was a "keyhole" surgery, also known as laparoscopic cholecystectomy. After the surgery, I am not allowed to take any oily food for at least 3 months as advised by Doctor. But who cares!! I have been taking all the oily food ever since discharged from Hospital. Muahahaha...but of course going to toilet is even more often eh?

The doctor gave me back my two big stones(I am not going to post it together with my food post). It's in the size of sour plum seed. Arrkk! Doctor said it's very unusual for my age to suffer from gallstone. The symptom was high fever accompanied with diarrhea. You will feel want to vomit but nothing will come out from your stomach. If you did, it's suppose to be a food poisoning case and not a gallstone case. Ok! not too much into details as this is suppose to be a food post!

During my last weekend, I have tried my new dish Foochow Chicken "Mee Sua" with Pork liver. Woah, sounds delicious. It's suppose to be a very oily dish, but I somehow managed to filter them out. Well, I would say it's a failed mission as I had overcooked everything.


Normally it has to be accompanied with a boiled egg. Of course with the black soya sauce! but hey! where is the sliced chili!?

A closer look...mushrooms, pork liver, chicken and sliced ginger. The taste is not boombastic enough as I have not added enough of "tsao tsing teochew" wine.

..arrhhh, too much of "Mee Sua". Didn't cook in the correct porpotion. Will try to make it better next time! Anyone has a better ingredients or better way of cooking this, please inform me yeah ;)

Yientau.exit(1);

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home