A place where I can share my thoughts and life experiences...

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Just another conversation

Today is my second last day at Aberdeen. So, I was taking my last opportunity to taste Aberdonian's famous Fish & Chips. I went to the same shop, Moby's Shop(simply the best Fish & Chips shop) and praying hard so that that Indian is sick so that he wouldn't be working today. Ooppss, did I just pray the wrong request ? obviously... Well, you got to know what happen to me in my previous post in order to know why I want to hide from that Indian :p

When I reached the shop, I didn't notice him and was so happy to walk into the shop and order my Fish & Chips. But it's too early to judge that. He was too dark and was hiding at a corner. After I took my order, he came out from the dark corner and laughed at me and waved with me at the same time with his sparkling white teeth(Indian mar...)...and I was

So, in return I have to reluctantly smile at him and the following are our conversation...
Yientau :Hiya, how are you ? (Ooopss, did I just pray he was *cough* sick ?)
Indian :Hahaha, not bad...yourself ?
Yientau :Aarrhh, not too bad. Today would be my second last day at Aberdeen. I would be back to Malaysia on Monday. So, you won't be seeing me around anymore :p I just want to have my last order of Fish & Chips before I go(Confess to him first before he remind me that the food is not healthy !) :P
Indian :Ohh...I see, so you will not be celebrating Christmas or New Year at Aberdeen huh ? Celebrating them at Malaysia eh ? hahaha...
Yientau :Hahaha, yeah...
Indian :Well, Malaysia is better, more colorful and more happening than Aberdeen. Here is nothing, everything in gray...everyone stay at home during Christmas because it's very cold. Drinking beers at bars or pubs.
Yientau :Hahaha...yeah, even the road is gray. Yeah, it's true that Malaysia is more colorful and more enjoyable compared to Aberdeen. I mean it's different culture compared to Malaysia, anyway. People get to celebrate Christmas everywhere, at least not staying at home. (Geezzz, he makes me feel so home sick. @#$%&*!)
Indian :If you tell the Aberdonian, they don't understand what we were trying to tell them.
Yientau :*giggling*...yeah(what do you expect, this is their life.)
Indian :You are working at Kuching yeah ?
Yientau :Yeah, basically working at Kuching and Sibu is my hometown.
Indian :I see, I've been to Kuching, Miri, Sarikei, and Labuan(all of the small town of the land of Hornbill). Labuan is a nice place. They have a 5 star hotel there.
Yientau :Oh, really ? Have you been to Brunei ? maybe that's the reason why Labuan build a 5 star hotel. It's for those Bruneian, those rich bastard.
Indian :Hahaha, yeah maybe. I've been there once and its very beautiful.
Yientau :Yeah, I've been there once also during my last outstation with my previous company.

...meanwhile, there is a couple came in to the shop to cut off our conversation. He was whispering to his colleague saying I am a Malaysian. His colleague(is a she) is a Chinese also but looks like Aberdonian to me. Didn't ask him though, cause not leng lui lihh...LOL ! ! After a while, my food is ready...
Yientau :Just salt please (arrhh, this time he didn't ask me again :p ) and one IRN-BRU, please.
Indian :Sure, no problem. Just $4.70 for all.
Yientau :Alright...(I gave him $7.00 pounds cause I heard him saying "seven" and his "four" is a silent sound, LOL!! I was wondering how come so expensive. Maybe it's because Christmas is around the corner, that's why they increased the price, but that is a ridiculous increment !)
Indian :No, just $4.70 *push away my 2 one pound coin*...
Yientau :
Shyly take away the coin and shouted "Ohhh! $4.70..okok, here you go"
Indian :
(hhmmm, now it's you who is not listening !) *smile*
Yientau :
Can I get the receipt, please
Indian :
Sure, no problem.

After that, I got my food and took my receipt and was about to go...
Indian :
Here is your change.
Yientau :
Yeah, cheers ! see you around man~
Indian :
Hey, do you have any contact number ? I might visit Kuching by any chance...*gave me a piece of paper and pen*
Yientau :
Yeah, sure...here you go. You know how to read those numbers right ?
Indian :
Yeah, sure...
Yientau :
Alright ! bye...
Indian :
Ok, bye...thanks !

Walking away from the shop happily cause I am going to have my food happily without feeling bad of the fact where the food is unhealthy ! kekeke...just last one marr.... :p While heading towards my office, keep thinking how's Christmas different from Malaysia. Yeah, probably having Christmas at Malaysia is still so far a better choice compared to cold country or at least at Aberdeen.

System.exit(1);

1 Comments:

Blogger StephenLim said...

might be the last you read this comment from aberdeen!! yo dude, merry christmas from here.. MALAYSIA!! :D

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home